Board index Other Stuff Photography & Video Bella union tank

Bella union tank

Show off your fish photography and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:41 am
Dicsus34 Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

My F1 gymnogeophagus balzanii Bella union strain in the 90 gallon. Will be adding a group of F1 cichlasoma dimerus with them that also come from Bella Union in Uruguay. All fish will be moved to my 180 to have to themselves in the near future.

https://youtu.be/yGsFBGPx70M

Post Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:44 am
Dicsus34 Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

Updated better video of the fish

Post Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:11 pm
mister malcontent User avatar
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

Does this species need a period of cooling off once a year and if so will the Dimerus be affected by it. Once again nice fish man !
"I caught a falling star...It cut my hands to pieces"

Post Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:33 pm
Dicsus34 Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

They really only do as adults for breeding purposes. They can be raised in a heated tank which is actually what the breeder I got them from does. The dimerus can also have a cool down period since they're from the same place and also triggers breeding for them. For now, it'll be a warm tank, heavy feedings and lots of water changes.

Post Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:15 pm
mxiong036 User avatar
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

Some nice little boogers
Reach me at bassassin036@gmail.com I check my email 24/7

Post Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:15 am
Dicsus34 Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

Update on the bella union tank. Added a group of cichlasoma dimerus to the tank which are also from the same location in Bella Union as the balzanii. They've put on great size since I got them about 3 weeks ago. They were tiny fry when I first got them. Very finicky little guys like the balzanii so it was hard to get a good close up shot of the fish. I'll update another video in the next month.

https://youtu.be/kkf3noZlP1o

Return to Photography & Video