Board index Aquaria Topics Plants Anubias

Anubias

All things flora.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:29 pm
Bob1 Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

Anubias, can they all be attached to wood. Does anyone use floating plants?

Post Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:28 pm
willie Level 8 Member
Level 8 Member

Mine are tied onto driftwood with dental floss. They'll root in a couple of months. Someone told me they were able to attach Anubias using Crazy Glue. I never tried it, but it sounds intriguing.

Willie

Post Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:39 am
ROWEBLAST Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

willie wrote:
Mine are tied onto driftwood with dental floss. They'll root in a couple of months. Someone told me they were able to attach Anubias using Crazy Glue. I never tried it, but it sounds intriguing.

Willie

I use the superglue method all the time. It works wonderfully well - the only trick to it is to sue the gel type superglue, not the liquid. Dip it in water and it sets pretty much immediately.

Anubias will keep growing when floating, just be wary that new leaves will orient themselves towards the light. So if it floats at an odd angle expect leaves to grow in that direction and not the way the old leaves do.
The Farm (20): Otos, rummynose, cory pygmaeus, amano shrimp and a lone GBR
Rolling Rocks (10): Cherry shrimp, BB endlers and 2 baby L262 'salt queens'
Mishmash Jungle(28): SS endlers, penguin tetra, cory sterbai, bn pleco

Post Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:07 am
Jerryknott Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

Anubias plants, mainly get formed in the surface of moist. The surface of water or moisture can catch the attraction by Anubias species. So it can be another form of the fungus also. This can damage the roots of nearby plants and can spread infection. As far as we sow the seeds and plants we gardener should also take into consideration about the pest controlling once in a year by a professional pest exterminator like NYC exterminator.

Return to Plants