Board index Fish Talk Old World Cichlids whats the deal

whats the deal

Rift Lake Cichlids from Lake Malawi, Tanganyika, Victoria, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:19 pm
jason User avatar
Level 11 Member
Level 11 Member

so where is the rift lake fish keepers?i havnt seen or heard from many in a really long time i look on here and its a damn hybird fourm now whats up with that?looked in the for sale and holy crap it took me forever to find a post to even look at crazy.and i didnt put this out there to rip on the hybird keepers so keep your lips shut if you think i am.this was a great place to talk fish/give crap and make new friends whats happing here now?its like everyone is all about them selfs anyone else feel this way?
upper midwest victorian preservist

Post Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:38 pm
Passionfish Level 20 Member
Level 20 Member

Agreed there is not much Rift Lake cichlid discussions.
Not agreed that everyone is just into themselves. I suspect the pendulum will swing back again.
Like a complete unknown

Post Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:17 am
vmahaffe User avatar
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

Agreed.

Post Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:22 pm
mattman User avatar
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

I certainly got snagged up in the hybrid world seeking to find freshwater fish that could rival saltwater fish colors.
Due to the awesome people still on this site that post cool rift lake cichlids, I have decided to stop keeping hybrids.
The hybrids are like the shiny new toy that breaks quickly, leaving me running back to my trusty red wagon.

Keep showing all of us what amazing fish are available and posting all of their cool traits and I'm sure many others will follow into keeping real fish.

Thanks,
Matt

p.s. Jason: getting rid of that little saying about victorians vs. other fish probably was a good start. LOL

Post Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:00 pm
jason User avatar
Level 11 Member
Level 11 Member

p.s. Jason: getting rid of that little saying about victorians vs. other fish probably was a good start. LOL
mattman; have we ever met?because you would know im a big smart@ss if we have meet

well gay fish are gay it started as a joke and other people had givin me crap about it so thats why i still say it.theres no need to get butt hurt about it people crazy if you took me with a grain of salt your fine.if you get all worked up over something i say then good for you maybe its time to think out of the box.

ok so i know everyone gets busy in there life kid/kids,hunting,fishing,camping,cars,boats and what not but its going to be winter time soon and maybe things will slow down with everyone just a tad
upper midwest victorian preservist

Post Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:37 pm
1-2ride User avatar
Level 7 Member
Level 7 Member

I agree, I would like to see more Old World stuff too. Pretty soon instead of MFK this will be called HFK (Hybrid Fish Keepers) :cry:

Post Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:38 pm
mrmann Level 8 Member
Level 8 Member

I would love to see more old and new world postings to be honest. The hybrid people have their own forum that they can frequent more often than here for all their hybrid needs...nothing against hybrids...i'm just sayin' :P

Post Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:54 pm
1-2ride User avatar
Level 7 Member
Level 7 Member

mrmann wrote:
I would love to see more old and new world postings to be honest. The hybrid people have their own forum that they can frequent more often than here for all their hybrid needs...nothing against hybrids...i'm just sayin' :P

You can say it man, just let it out. :D

Post Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:55 pm
1-2ride User avatar
Level 7 Member
Level 7 Member

The hybrid classifieds section is getting a little out of hand too :cry: Seems like all you can buy on here anymore are fish that I would have culled lol

Return to Old World Cichlids